Sexual Harassment Training (Supervisors)
Required for Supervisors, 2-hour format
California law AB 1825, requires companies with 50 or more employees (which includes F/T & P/T employees and contractors) to provide training on the prevention of sexual harassment, discrimination, and retaliation to all supervisory employees. This regulation is effective August 17, 2007.
Employees that become promoted to a supervisor level or higher must complete training within six months of assuming that supervisory role.
Anyone in the company who has authority (significant influence) over others meets the criteria as a supervisor per AB 1825 guidelines. It generally includes anyone having the means to: hire, transfer, suspend, lay-off, fire, promote, assign, reward, or discipline other employees.
The Department of Fair Employment and Housing requires that training be a minimum of two hours and be presented in an “interactive” method. Online or web-based courses qualify as does classroom training. Life Safety Associates® provides both web-based and classroom training at your site or ours. Our programs meet or exceed AB 1825 training criteria. Retraining is required every two years.
Life Safety Associates® provides Sexual Harassment written policies and procedures specific to your company.
Training Elements – Supervisors – AB 1825
- FEHA definition of unlawful sexual harassment (SH)
- Types of conduct that constitute SH
- Remedies available for SH
- Strategies to prevent SH
- Practical examples of SH
- Limited confidentiality of the complaint process
- Resources for victims of unlawful SH
- Employer’s obligation in conducting investigations
- If a Supervisor is accused of SH
- Essential elements of an anti-harassment policy
- Classroom Training: 1-12 students $485.00 13-20 students $730.00, plus $5.00 per student for booklets and materials
Client specific Web-Based presentations – $750.00 – $2950.00
- These presentations are company specific, your property and available to you in PowerPoint®, Flash®, PDF® and/or Word®.
- Branded with your company logo, colors and graphics
- Simplistic to elaborate
- With or without narration, music or knowledge quiz
- Hosted on your Intranet or our Web site.