MCI-Multi Casualty Incident (Triage) Program
Disaster: When resources are outweighed by the event…
The purpose of Triage is to salvage the greatest possible number of patients. All rules about saving lives on a one-to-one basis (one rescuer versus one patient) go out the window in a Multi Casualty Incident (MCI).
75% of the Triage programs are hands-on. The beginning 25% is devoted to lecture and a video presentation. START (Simple Triage And Rapid Treatment) is the MCI protocol the nine Bay Area Counties use and is the same basis of information our programs deliver to your employees. These programs are not logically difficult and are emotionally intense.
Each student will complete the program charged up with an incredible amount of simple and effective tools to deal with an MCI. Each will go through several live scenarios with multiple victims to ensure understanding. We provide several “victims,” each moulaged (stage makeup) to represent the real thing.
Videotape critiquing is provided, as time allows.
Three different formats are available:
- Triage 102: 2 hour program, recommended for ERT members.
- Triage 103: 3 hour program, recommended for the lay person with very little or no emergency medical knowledge.
- Triage 104: 4 hour program, recommended for the lay person with very little or no emergency medical knowledge and needing addtional hands-on practice.
- Program Length
- 2, 3 and 4 hour formats available
- Multiple formats provided to complement your time and cost constraints, as well as student experience and end goals, call 408.573.1900 or click to email for recommendations
- Cost – 2-hour format
- 1-12 students $485.00
- 13-20 students $730.00
- Plus $7.00 per student for booklets and materials
- Related Programs
- ERT–Emergency Response Team Programs
- Emergency Response Drills