Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT)
The Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT) program provides advanced medical emergency training to non-HealthCare professionals. This training furnishes each MERT member with the skills to provide immediate and temporary care to a seriously ill or injured employee at the workplace. This care is delivered during “everyday” emergencies and in the event of a local disaster (such as an earthquake, explosion, Haz Mat spill, etc.).
In many cases, MERT members will respond to an emergency and provide treatment as an individual or as a team. For some, it will be to augment on-staff medical professionals and outside emergency medical personnel (9-1-1).
This program is company site and risk specific. A short telephone conversation or meeting will be needed to determine exact training titles.
If you have six or fewer employees: We recommend they attend one of our Open Enrollment Programs at our training facility. Individual cost is the same as those listed below. Please call or E-Mail us for details.
This program provides the following medical-related training:
- Abdominal Emergencies
- Annual Blood-borne Pathogens
- CPR Training – AED Training
- Heart Attack
- Dizziness/Syncope (fainting)
- Drug Overdoses
This program provides the following trauma-related training:
- Thoracic Trauma
- Abdominal Trauma
- Head Trauma
- Spine Trauma
- Extremity Trauma
- Burn Trauma
- Electrical Trauma
- Wounds & Bandaging
- Violence in the Workplace
This program provides the following other emergencies-related training:
- Psychological Aspects of Care
- Lifting & Moving Techniques
- Vital Signs: Pulse, Blood Pressure Techniques, etc.
- Basic CPR and First Aid skills and additional CPR team training
- Written Documentation
- Radio Communications
- Basic CPR/AED/First Aid training with a participation card issued good for two-years
- Annual OSHA-required Blood-borne Pathogens In-Service
- Full colored and framed wall certificate of completion issued
- Extensive hands-on training
- Regularly scheduled progressive drills (monthly, every other month, quarterly, biannual)
- Monthly emergency quizzes (EmerQuiz)
- Networking access to 1900+ MERT members and coordinators (by way of the Internet, E-mail, see our MERT pages)
- Schedule into MERT training at other sites (good for those who don’t complete their initial training due to illness, work requirements, etc. or makeup for missed regular drills) to stay on track with your team
- On-site debriefing and critique of any real-time emergency incident (upon request and at no cost)
- Teamwork on verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Decision-making skills during a “real” emergency
- Radio communication skills
- “Live victims” for all training sessions
- Program Length
- 8, 16, 24 hour formats available
Each program offers extensive hands-on training and promotes improved skills and confidence when responding to a real emergency.
MERT training is an on-going effort. To keep skills fresh and confidence high It requires regular drills during the year. See Emergency Response Drills below for more information. You many want to keep this in mind when budgeting for MERT. Also, you may want to consider emergency response equipment for your team. Check our product division Disaster Contingency Solutions for recommendations, purchasing and general information.
Fees are based on eight hour sessions . Other delivery formats are available at a small surcharge.
The 24-hour format is the most popular
24 Hour Program
- 1-12 students $4395.00
- 13-20 students $6595.00
- Plus binder/booklet cost of $18 each
16 Hour Program
- 1-12 students $3460.00
- 13-20 students $5190.00
- Plus binder/booklet cost of $16 each
12 Hour Program
- 1-12 students $2525.00
- 13-20 students $3785.00
- Plus binder/booklet cost of $14 each
8 Hour Program
- 1-12 students $1735.00
- 13-20 students $2610.00
- Plus binder/booklet cost of $12 each
Employees will know where their ERT/MERT members are located. Also, great recognition for each team member. Placed on cubicles, hard wall offices or ceilings. Several styles to choose from and each are custom designed with your company logo and in-house emergency number. Custom placards/signs are available. Check out our Online Store
All signs/placards can easily be relocated.
Also available are custom ERT/MERT vests and various response kits designed specifically for your team members. We build custom kits. Email for details: email@example.com Sizes indicated are approximate (they are very close).
Available individually without your company name or in-house emergency number.